Due in part to its brief history and to its exponential growth throughout the last years, the Sharing Economy remains yet an unexplored phenomenon. However, many researchers have detected that this phenomenon is nowadays a social reality and therefore it must be explored in all its essence. In response to that, several studies have been carried out attempting to achieve a better understanding of the socio-economic as well as the environmental and technological dimensions of the phenomenon.
In order to connect these researchers and their correspondent scientific works, the international community Collaborative Economy Research Network was formed in 2015 with the support of OuiShare. Since the first meeting organized two years ago many investigators have joined the network (see “Meet your peers“) sharing in turn their proposals, doubts, methodologies, findings and other scientific materials with the entire community (see also the last workshop in Barcelona and Madrid).
For all that and attempting to keep growing this scientific community, the next research workshop is scheduled during the OuiShare Fest Barcelona, on November 16th, 2017.
The workshop will be organized as follows:
- Aims: The main objective of this workshop is to create a pleasant meeting point in which researchers can share their projects and connect with other investigators. Furthermore, it is also sought to discuss aspects related to the past, present and future of the collaborative economy.
- Workshop structure: The workshop will be divided into 3 parts.
Firstly, a brief introduction of the participants will be carried out, each assistant will have a few minutes to tell about his/her interest in researching the collaborative economy.
Secondly, the organization will propose several research challenges that groups of 4-5 persons will have to solve and expose to the rest of participants.
And finally, the meeting will conclude with a brief talk about future meetings, conferences, publications, as well as all the necessary information about how to join the Collaborative Economy Research Network.
- Participants: All those interested in the research of the sharing economy.
- Duration: 90 minutes
- When and where: 16 November 2017, 09:30 am. OuiShare Fest Barcelona.
- Tickets: There are special Hacker Tickets with a reduced price for all those attending this workshop. To get the discount it is necessary to declare the reason of attendance.
Register your interest at https://goo.gl/forms/la40cNr0xLU1QPfI3
We encourage all those interested to come and enjoy a pleasant time, meet other people with same aims and participate in building strong research bases not only for future investigations but also for the benefit of today’s societies.